Max and the Wild Things are no longer just in your dreams! In the latest popular storybook-to-movie-to-video game trend, Where the Wild Things Are, will be available on game consoles for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii (and DS) on October 13.
Where the Wild Things Are, the movie, is set to release in theaters a few days after the video game on October 16.
In the WTWTA video game, rated E10+, the action-adventure begins as you play the role of Max and join forces with the Wild Things to find a way to escape to safety before the island falls into destruction.
According to game-maker Griptonite, along the way players "explore the Wild Things' Village and play a variety of mini-games and interact with the creatures... while solving action puzzles and overcome challenging obstacles."
Get a look inside with the Where the Wild Things Are game trailer:
So what does one do in a video game based on a book that only has ten sentences?
• Become King of All Wild Things
• Explore the Wild Things' Village and meet different creatures
• Play Mini-games
• Acquire Power-ups from characters
• Learn new skills and abilities and befriend Wild Things
• Battle fierce creatures with your scepter
• Explore new mysterious worlds, avoid hazardous obstacles
• Explore new environments
• Search for more than 400 collectibles; unlock special rewards