Weeks ago Justin Bieber tweeted a question to his fans and asked them what kind of pizza they like. Well when Bieber asks, we answer. The Biebs' tweet got us thinking about pizza and we came to the conclusion that it is one of the best and favorite foods of all time. So we became curious, hopped online and dug up some awesome and random pizza deets.
1. Pizza as we know it today didn't actually come into existence until Europeans got over their fear that tomatoes were poisonous.
2. The world's first true pizzeria is though to be 'Antica Pizzaria Port'Alba,' which opened in 1830 in Naples, Italy, and is still in business today.
3. The first pizzeria opened in the U.S. was in New York City in 1895 by an Italian immigrant named Gennaro Lombardi. The pizzeria is Lombardi's and it is still open.
4. National Pizza Month is in October.
5. Americans eat around 350 slices of pizza each second, or 100 acres of pizza per day.
6. 36 percent of all pizza orders want their pizza topping pepperoni.
7. Some popular pizza toppings in Japan are squid and Mayo Jaga (mayonnaise, potato and bacon). And on the Isle of Man, they top their pies with bananas.
8. The people of Brazil prefer green peas for their topping.
9. In the U.S., there are about 60,000 pizza parlors.
10. According to a recent Gallup poll, children ages 3-11 prefer pizza over all other foods for lunch and dinner.
Did you know this stuff? What's your favorite type of pizza? Get cool pizza deets here and let us know what you think in the comments! Oh and if we had to answer Justin's questions, JSYK's editor Stacy thinks the best kind of pizza has lots of mozzarella, pineapple and grilled chicken.