'Glee' Set to Cover Rebecca Black's 'Friday'

Share
Tweet
Pin It
Share
Tweet
Pin It


Just when you thought the buzz about Rebecca Black's 'Friday' was dying down, the cast of 'Glee' is breathing new life into it. Yep, that's right -- New Directions is reportedly going to cover the song on an upcoming episode of the hit Fox series.

According to Vulture, Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Mark Salling will perform a male-fronted rendition of the "fun, fun, fun, fun" track. The video for the 13-year-old's song currently boasts over 102 million views on YouTube.
When we first posted the video, over 82 percent of you called it the "worst song ever," while the remaining 18 percent either thought it was great or not so bad. Since then, dozens of parodies and covers have been posted online, and Nick Jonas even performed a slowed-down version of the single at this year's Concert for Hope.

But is the song 'Glee'-worthy? The show is known for covering current and pop songs, but most of them have been popular singles by established artists. Does Rebecca Black deserve the positive push from 'Glee'? Let us know what you think in the comments.

%Poll-62823%

MORE CELEB SCOOPS

Show Comments
Join Our Newsletter
Stay fetch. Sign up for The Cray, our daily roundup of all things buzzworthy. From Kylie Jenner's trendsetting style (btw, puberty goals AF) to life-changing tech news (tweeting an emoji to order a pizza #YES), The Cray is all you need to impress the squad.
Privacy Terms