Meet Teen Olympian McKayla Maroney (Gymnastics): She's Perfected the Most Difficult Vault Move in the World!
If you're a fan of gymnastics, then keep your eye out for McKayla Maroney.
She's just 16-years-old and already the the 2011 World Vault Champion.
Trust us, you won't want to miss this Long Beach, California native when she hits the vault and goes for the gold.
In the meantime, here are five fun facts about this impressive teen!
1. In McKayla's elementary school year book, the caption under her photo said "My goal for the future is to be in the Olympics."
2. McKayla has practically perfected one of the most difficult moves in women's gymnastics called the Amanar. It's a back handspring onto the horse, followed by two and a half twisting flips. Watch McKayla do it here!
3. McKayla has a fan in her chocolate Labrador named Tia Maria.
4. Before she was a gymnast, McKayla did soccer, ice skating and tennis. Her mom said she enrolled her in gymnastics classes because McKayla had SO much energy.
5. When McKayla isn't donning leotards and workout attire, she considers herself a girly girl and loves to put on dresses and skirts.