Can you believe it? The 2012 summer Olympics kick-off tonight in London.
We can't wait for the opening ceremonies as some cool things are rumored to be part of the show--like a Lord Voldemort versus Mary Poppins showdown!
But we're just so excited for the actual games to begin.
We at Cambio are so proud that so many teens living out their dreams by representing Team USA and going for the gold in London.
And we're especially proud to introduce you to Olympian boxer Claressa Shields. The London games are the FIRST to hold women's boxing as an event.
At just 17-years-old, Claressa has no problem giving her all in a sport that is usually dominated by and associated with men.
We're pretty sure you're going to hear her name quite a bit over the next few weeks . . . so here are five fun facts about one of the most inspiring teen Olympians we've brought to you yet!
1. Claressa's nickname is T-Rex
2. She is youngest women's boxing competitor in the Olympics.
3. She became passionate about the sport after her dad told her that boxing was "just for boys." Her grammy made sure Claressa knew that, "girls can do the same thing as men.'
4. Claressa has already won two Junior Olympic championships and won the middleweight title in the National Police Athletic League Championships--and was named top overall fighter.
5. Despite her success and achieving her Olympic dreams, Claressa thought about quitting last year. She was worried that training was taking away from the fun stuff in life that teenagers get to do. But, ultimately she decided there was nothing else she wanted to do but box!
PS: CASTING CALL: Cambio and iJustine are looking for new internet talent. Find out more!
Selena Gomez Gets Caught Lip-Syncing at...