One Direction Giveaway Rules
CAMBIO'S "ONE DIRECTION CONCERT" Giveaway
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Cambio's "One Direction Concert" Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Puerto Rico, all United States Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations) and who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry ("Entrants"). Employees of AOL Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaway is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (the "Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes each Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 10:00 am PT on November 9, 2012 and ends at 3:00 pm ET on November 18, 2012 (the "Entry Period"). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, go to bit.ly/VN8Z7q and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Submission will result in one (1) entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. DRAWING: On or about November 19, 2012, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) Grand Prize Winner and five (5) First Prize Winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as the potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: A Potential Winner is not a winner until s/he has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. A Potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner must respond to the notification e-mail within the timeframe stated in the notification e-mail and provide his/her full name, age and mailing address. Failure of a potential winner to provide this information within the stated timeframe will result in forfeiture of the prize. Except where prohibited, a Potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to Sponsor, within specified, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 Form in order to claim his/her Prize. The winner's travel companions will be required to execute and return a Liability Release/Publicity Release within a timeframe to be specified by Sponsor. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the Entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner in Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for three (3) to New York City to see One Direction in concert on December 3, 2012. Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation for three (3) from the major airport nearest the winner's residence to New York, NY, one night hotel accommodations (one room/triple occupancy), and three (3) tickets to the One Direction concert at Madison Square Garden scheduled to take place on December 3, 2012. If Grand Prize Winner is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, one (1) of his or her travelling companions must be his or her parent or legal guardian. Exact dates of travel to be determined by Sponsor. Any other costs and expenses associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not listed herein as part of the Grand Prize including, without limitation, ground transportation, meals, beverages, luggage fees and gratuities, are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $2,500 (USD). Actual retail value of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor's designee. The winner must be able to travel when designated by Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate randomly selected winner may be chosen. The winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. The winner and his or her travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, if and as applicable. It is the responsibility of the winner and their companions to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). All aspects of the travel portions of the prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as Sponsor's terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner.
Giveaway Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Giveaway Entities are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Giveaway Entities. Winner and companions are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Giveaway Entities has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents, within a timeframe to be determined by Sponsor. Once travel companions are selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Giveaway, and those set forth by Sponsor's transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the winner. If, for whatever reason, the concert is cancelled or rescheduled after the tickets are ticketed, no compensation will be paid in lieu of any cancelled or rescheduled concert. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor if concert is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed, in whole or in part. Unused tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. In the event a prize winner (and/or his or her companion(s) (if applicable)) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or Sony Music Entertainment in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early.
Five (5) First Prize Winnerswill each receive one (1) One Direction CD signed by the band. ARV: $100.
Specifics of all prizes are in Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize, or a portion of the prize, is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserve the right in Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potential winning entry.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities and Facebook from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; (f) for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure(s), terrorist acts, threatened terrorist acts, earthquake(s), war(s), fire(s), flood(s), explosion(s), unusually severe weather, hurricane(s), embargo(s), labor dispute(s) or strike(s) (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage(s), transportation interruption(s) of any kind, work slow-down(s), civil disturbance(s), insurrection(s), riot(s), or any other cause beyond Sponsor's sole control; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrants participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize. Giveaway Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner's and his/her travel companions' transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize winner, his/her travel companions and such transportation companies. Giveaway Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in this connection. Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees and/or experts' fees and costs. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants' rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. REQUEST WINNERS' NAMES: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to One Direction Winners List, c/o Cambio, PO Box 931778, Hollywood CA 90093. Requests must be received by January 19, 2013.
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing information to AOL and not to Facebook.
© Copyright 2012 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.