Find out how often Ian Somerhalder has to eat!%VIRTUAL-Gallery-185824%
Hottie Ian Somerhalder stars on the Vampire Diaries as Damon Salvatore, a 165-year-old vampire playboy caught in a love triangle with his vampire brother, Stefan, and Elena Gilbert.
Check out our five things to know about the model-turned-TV star!
5) Ian kicked off his career as a model at the age of 10, working for the likes of Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabanna, Gucci, Versace, and Guess. With those cheekbones, it's no surprise.
4) After he was cast on the Vampire Diaries, the Covington, Louisiana native fell for his co-star, Nina Dobrev, whom he has been in a relationship with since 2010.
3) His love for animals runs deep. On December 8, 2010, Ian's 32nd birthday, he launched the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, designed to teach the importance of protecting the environment and animals. Prior to kicking off that endeavor, he was involved with various charities, focusing his philanthropic efforts mainly on animal causes.
2) He owns pizza parlor McClain's Pizzeria with his brother, Robert, and sister, Robyn, located near Sun Valley, Idaho. Ian and Nina spent part of their holiday break there in November of last year baking up pies and greeting fans.
1) Speaking of grub, Ian confessed he has to eat every hour...but not fast food. Per Us Weekly, that totally freaks him out!