She's fluent in three languages--and one sport!
Check out our five things to know about Nina Dobrev!
5) Nikolina Constantinova Dobreva was born in Sofia, Bulgaria on January 9, 1989. She moved to Canada at the age of two with her family and lived in Toronto until she relocated to the United States at 20.
4) She's multitalented! The petite brunette is a former gymnast who competed in Europe with Team Canada in aesthetic group gymnastics from the time she was 9. In 2005, she joined the Senior World Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark and the Junior World Championships in Plzen, Czech Republic. Nina told Seventeen she trained five days a week for three to four hours a day during her stint as a gymnast and sustained multiple injuries as a result.
3) Nina has been in a relationship with her Vampire Diaries co-star Ian Somerhalder since 2010. The couple has an adorable cat named Moke, who she often posts pictures of on her Whosay Page.
2) She isn't that much younger than her on-screen parents. Her TV dad, David Anders, is only eight years her elder, and her TV mom Mia Kirschner is 14 years older than she is.
1) The 24-year-old fashionista speaks fluent French, English and Bulgarian, according to FHM (She ranked #44 on FHM Australia's "100 Sexiest Women" list back in 2011).