'Vampire Diaries': 5 Things to Know About Paul Wesley!
He's a reformed bad boy whose love for acting changed his life. %VIRTUAL-Gallery-185824%
Paul Wesley stars on the Vampire Diaries as Stefan Salvatore, a 164-year-old kind-hearted vampire who is caught in a love triangle with his older brother Damon and teen vampire Elena.
Check out our five things to know about this Polish hottie!
5) Paul's real last name is Wasilewski. He shortened his surname to Wesley in 2005 because he thought it was too hard to pronounce, but asked his family for permission before he changed it.
4) The 30-year-old Marlboro, N.J. native is a reformed bad boy. After getting expelled from high school for fighting, he started dabbling in acting and was discovered by an agent in a Manhattan workshop. "Basically it was an all-boys Christian academy with a shirt and tie and no girls, so how could you not get into trouble?" Paul asked in Wonderland Magazine. He went on to attend Rutgers University, but dropped out after one semester to pursue acting full time after he started getting offered roles.
3) Paul's parents are Polish, so he spent four months of every year in Poland until he was 16. He also speaks Polish fluently.
2) He tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend Torrey DeVitto, who plays Dr. Meredith Fell on The Vampire Diaries. The couple wed in a secret ceremony in New York in April 2011.
1) This one-time bad boy was considered to be more of a good guy when it came down to the Vampire Diaries' casting couch. He originally auditioned for the role of Damon Salvatore, but casting directors thought he would make a better Stefan.