Stagecoach Music Festival 2013: 5 Things to Know About the Zac Brown Band
The Zac Brown Band is set to hit the stage at the Stagecoach music festival this weekend in Indio, Calif. (it's like the country Coachella, in the same location), but before the country/folk musicians rock the house, check out five things to know about the six-man group!
5) Zac Brown reevaluated his life following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. After deciding life was too short to pursue a career he didn't love, he quit school that day and decided to perform music full time.
4) Following Zac's epiphany, The Zac Brown Band got its start in Georgia in 2002, touring for about 200 dates a year. At the time, the band consisted of Brown singing and playing guitar, as well as a drummer and a bass guitarist. Today, the band members are Zac Brown (lead vocals, guitar), Coy Bowles (guitar, keyboards), Clay Cook (guitar, keyboards, mandolin, steel guitar, vocals), Jimmy De Martini (fiddle, vocals), Chris Fryar (drums), and John Dirskell Hopkins (bass guitar, vocals).
3) Since 2009, the Zac Brown Band has earned over 60 nominations from the Grammys, Country Music Association, American Music Awards, Academy of Country Music, Country Music Television, and American Country Awards. They have won eight, including two Grammys for Best Country Album (2013) and Best New Artist (2010).
4) They have had nine No. 1 singles on the Billboard Country Radio charts since 2008: "Chicken Fried", "Toes", "Highway 20 Ride", "Free", "As She's Walking Away", "Colder Weather", "Knee Deep" and "Keep Me In Mind" and "Goodbye in Her Eyes."
5) The band travels with its own chef, Rusty Hamlin, who whips up yummy traditional Southern grub for concertgoers during a pre-show event called "Eat and Greets."
Check out Zac Brown Band's video for "Goodbye in Her Eyes!"