This policy does not apply to information about you collected by third party websites and offerings linked to or otherwise accessible from Cambio. The information collected or received by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
Collection of Your Cambio Information
We collect or receive information about you when you interact with Cambio. Registering with Cambio is optional and we may collect information even if you do not register. Depending on how you use Cambio's Services, your Cambio information may include:
- registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth date, or gender);
- information about the Cambio Services that you use, how frequently you use them, and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on Cambio or other features made available by Cambio, including those available on third party websites;
- information about the searches you perform through Cambio Services and how you use the results of those searches;
- transaction-related information (such as credit card or other preferred means of payment, billing or shipping information, or a history of products purchased through Cambio);
- customer service information about you as an Cambio user;
- location data and other information about mobile devices used to access and interact with Cambio; or
- other information specifically related to your use of particular Cambio services or offerings, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by Cambio.
Your Cambio information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as publicly available information, information about households, and other information which we may append or match to your Cambio information.
Cambio may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our services. This may include: the type of browser or operating system you are using, your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider; your Internet protocol address; information about Cambio services that you used prior to registering with Cambio; and data relating to computer malfunctions or problems occurring when you use your computer with Cambio services. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your computer for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
How Your Cambio Information is usedYour Cambio information may be used for purposes that include:
- to operate and improve the sites, services, and offerings available through Cambio;
- to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you (including to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers);
- to fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
- to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
- to conduct research about your use of Cambio; and
- to help offer you other products, programs, or services that may be of interest.
Sharing of Your Cambio Information
The contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as a Cambio user, may be accessed and disclosed in response: to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena), in other circumstances in which Cambio has a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by a Cambio user, that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person, when necessary either to protect the rights or property of Cambio, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Please note that if you use Cambio communications tools to disclose information about yourself publicly (for example, in profiles made available by Cambio), others outside of Cambio may obtain access to information you provide.
Cambio's offerings may include features or functionalities provided by third parties. In the process of providing such functionalities within Cambio services, your browser may automatically send certain technical information to the third party provider. The use of these third-party provided features or functionalities is subject to their own privacy policies.
Business partners or other third parties may receive data about groups of Cambio users, but do not receive information that personally identifies you.
We may use agents and contractors in order to help operate Cambio. Their use of information is limited to these purposes.
In the event that ownership of Cambio was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, your Cambio information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your Cambio information, you will be provided notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Browser cookies are text files that are placed in your computer's browser, and that can be used to help recognize you as a Cambio Services user. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on Web pages that can be used, among other things, to count the users who visit that Web page, or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a user viewing that page. Many websites, including Cambio, may also use Flash cookies that operate similarly to browser cookies.
- to help authenticate you when you use Cambio Services;
- to remember your preferences and registration information;
- to enable a shopping cart;
- to present and help measure and research the effectiveness of Service offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which Cambio e-mails you open and act upon);
- and to customize the content and advertisements provided to you through the Cambio Service.
You can control browser cookies through your browser's settings. You can control Flash cookies via the Macromedia Flash application on your computer, or by going to the Macromedia Flash Player website, which allows you to view, modify, and delete Flash cookies. Please note that if you reject all browser or Flash cookies you will not be able to take advantage of many Cambio Services.
Display of Advertising
Your Cambio information may be used for the presentation of advertisements. Cambio may use ad networks to customize and display advertising on Cambio Services. Cambio may share certain information about you as a user (such as age, zip code, or other information we have collected or received) with certain ad network and service providers to help them deliver more relevant content and advertisements through their networks.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance.
You can also use your browser to control your experience. When you clear the cookies in your browser, you may clear the information used to build a behavioral profile. Depending on the browser you are using, you can also choose to block third party cookies (such as cookies from ad networks) or browse in a private browsing mode.
Our Commitment to Security
Cambio is committed to complying fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
The Cambio forums and profiles are not intended for use by children who are under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any information from site visitors in this age group and have taken such measures by requiring all users to enter their birth date prior to entering personally identifiable information.
However, if we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, in contravention of these measures, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required by law. For purposes of this policy, information regarding your children that you (the parent) provide to us is treated in the same manner as information collected about users over the age of 13.
We encourage children to talk with their parents about the information any website is collecting and decide together what information to share. We also encourage parents to talk to their children about limiting the release of personal information to anyone that they do not know.
How to Contact Us
Last Updated 08-25-2011