5 Things to Know About Cher Lloyd
Check out our five things to know about Cher Lloyd!
5) The 19-year-old singer got her big break when she appeared on The UK version of The X Factor at the age of 16. Although she didn't win the competition, Cher wowed the judges and ended up signing with Simon Cowell's label Syco Music after the show. Cher first auditioned for the show when she was 12, but didn't make it to the next round.
4) Although she covered a lot of hip hop/rap songs on X Factor, she actually was influenced early on by country music. "I was singing before I could talk, literally," Cher told AOL Music. "I listened to a lot of country music [laughs]. All Dolly [Parton]. I want to meet her just to say thank you."
3) She's engaged. Her fiancé, hairstylist Craig Monk, popped the question in January 2012, after the couple had been dating for about nine months.
2) She has a thing for body art. Cher reportedly has at least 21 tattoos and doesn't plan to stop getting more any time soon. "I have many of them now," she told AOL Music last year. "I really cannot stand some people when they say to me, 'Oh it's going to look horrible when you're 60.' Who cares? Then it's going to be like a piece of artwork that people can look at and see all the crazy things I did in my life. It's expressing me."
1) Her first single "Want U Back" from her debut album Sticks + Stones hit No. 9 on the Pop Songs Billboard Chart and No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song reached double platinum status in February, selling over two million copies.
Check out Cher's latest music video, "With Ur Love!"