Holland Roden never thought she would play Teen Wolf's Lydia Martin, who was originally described as a model off the runways of Milan. Instead, she thought she would nab the role of Allison, which she auditioned for three times. Holland Roden may play the popular and genius Lydia Martin on Teen Wolf, but there's more to this redheaded beauty than her killer scream.
Check out the five things to know about Holland Roden!
5) Before she even thought about becoming an actress, she wanted to be an astronaut. "I loved acting...I never thought I would do it for a living," Holland told us. "I went to this adult acting class at 16 and loved it, and the acting coach said 'you should try this professionally,' and that's sort of where I got the bug a little bit."
4) She started acting during her sophomore year in college at UCLA. Holland was originally pre-med, but later switched up to a Women's Studies major.
3) She's originally from Dallas, Texas. "My mom and her husband...she's like stereotypical Texas," she told us. "They go to the rodeo, they have their cows, they have a windmill for electricity, [they live in] like an old farmhouse. You'd think it would be like this beautiful ranch...it's like legit farmhouse."
2) The 26-year-old fashionista never thought she would play Lydia Martin, who was originally described in the breakdowns as a model off the runways of Milan. "I was like obviously I'm going to go in for the new girl, because I'm not a model off the runway of Milan," Holland said. "So, I auditioned like three times for Allison, and then they said, okay, we're ready for you to come in for Lydia now....and everything worked out."
1) Holland went to an all-girls school for 11 years. The first show she booked as an actress was about her hometown of Dallas, and ironically she had to wear the exact same uniform (but in a different color) that she had worn in that school.