Check out the five things to know about MTV's Top Artist to Watch.
5) Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, and when she made her way to America, she traveled solo, supporting herself by cleaning hotel rooms and houses, according to UK's Marie Claire.
4) Iggy is known for stirring up controversy with her boundary-pushing lyrics and barely-there stage outfits. Back in 2012, she caught heat after she said in the song "D.R.U.G.S.," "I'm a runaway slave...master." She later apologized, saying that the lyric was a "metaphoric take on an originally literal lyric" by Kendrick Lamar, who she called one of her favorite artists. "It was a tacky and careless thing to say and if you are offended, I am sorry."
3) Before she went solo and signed with Grand Hustle Records (and then Def Jam), Iggy was in a group with two other girls from her neighborhood in Australia, according to rap-up.com. "I was like, I could be the rapper. This could be like TLC. I'll be Left Eye," Iggy told the site. She eventually left the group because the other girls "weren't taking things seriously."
"I knew I loved rap music, I knew I loved to sing along to the words," Iggy continued. "It takes a while before you have the guts to put yourself in their shoes and think this is something I could actually do."
2) Iggy also works as a model, is signed to Wilhelmina Models and became the new face of Levi Jeans in late 2012.
1) That same year, she became the first female and first non-American rapper to appear on XXL's annual Top 10 Freshman cover issue with the likes of Future and Macklemore.
Iggy's debut album, The New Classic, hits stores in September.
Check out Iggy's music video for "Work!"
Want More? Like us on Facebook
Gallery | Biggest Names in Hip Hop and Rap