DJ Khaled: 5 Things to Know About the Guy Who Proposed to Nicki Minaj
And not too long afterwards, Nicki was spotted out and about with a big diamond ring on her ring finger as she left dinner at Crustacean restaurant in Beverly Hills this weekend.
Check out the five things to know about the music industry mogul who proposed to Nicki on live TV.
5) He wasn't kidding. After proposing to Nicki on MTV last week saying, "Nicki Minaj...I love you. I like you, I want you, I want you to be mine," the DJ later shut down rumors that the proposal was a prank, telling Power 106 FM's DJ Fellie Fel, "I ain't a young boy no more. I'm on my thinking the future. I just had to be honest. I always liked her. She's my friend, of course. And I like her. It's more than a crush."
4) He recently had another fiancée: While it's not clear if his last lady love is still in his life, DJ Khaled was engaged recently to a woman named Nicole Tuck, who owns clothing line ABU Apparel, according to hip-hopvibe.com. She was actually on his arm in 2012 at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
3) The 37-year-old music producer, radio personality, rapper and DJ is originally from New Orleans, and his real name is Khaled bin Abdul Khaled. He is of Palestinian descent.
2) You've more than likely heard his music. He has released several albums, dropping his debut album Listennn...the Album in 2006, We the Best in 2007, We Global in 2008, Victory in 2010, We the Best Forever in 2011, and Kiss the Ring in 2012, which have included collaborations with Drake ("I'm On One"), Rick Ross ("All I Do Is Win"), Ludacris, Lil' Wayne and many more. His latest album, Suffering From Success, which includes the hit "No New Friends" will be released this September.
1) He became the president of Def Jam South in 2009 and is the CEO and founder of We the Best Music Group.