Cambio's "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" Contest
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
1. Eligibility: Cambio's "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 13 years of age or older. Employees of AOL Inc., Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. ("CTMG"), and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Contest (collectively "Contest Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest Entry Period will begin at 9:00 am ET on August 19, 2013 and end at 10:00 pm ET on August 23, 2013 (the "Entry Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will not be accepted.
6. License to Use Submissions: Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Photos taken by a professional photographer unrelated to you, where the photographer retains ownership of the photo, are specifically prohibited from entry unless you have written permission from the photographer. Submissions must not contain any third party material (including but not limited to any company logos or trademarks, likenesses, or any other copyrighted or trademarked content) for which you have not been granted specific written permission for this use by the copyright or trademark rights holder. You agree to provide Sponsor with written proof of this permission within three business days, upon Sponsor's request, whether by phone, mail, or email. You (or your parent or guardian, if you are under the age of majority in your state of residence) grant to the Sponsor and its designees (i.e., any third party with whom Sponsor contracts in order to create, distribute, monitor, promote, transcode assets and otherwise produce the Contest) the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote your image, biographic information, and comments (collectively, the "Submission") in connection with the Contest and such other products or services as the Sponsor and its designees may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and/or any other purpose. In addition, the Sponsor and its designees shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your Submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in broadcast, print and or other media as the Sponsor and its designees may determine in their sole discretion. You or the photographer retains ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission. You agree that the Sponsor and its designees own all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Sponsor using or incorporating your Submission. You hereby grant to the Sponsor and its designees the right to edit any of your Submission, in whole or in part. In addition, you hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Contest. By submitting your Submission, you further warrant and represent that: (i) you have permission to show all individuals seen in the Submission; and (ii) if applicable, are the parent or guardian of any minor child(ren) seen in the Submission; or (ii) if applicable, have obtained written consent from the parent or guardian of such minor child(ren) to include the minor children in the Submission and to grant to Sponsor all rights granted herein, and will be able to provide these permissions to Sponsor upon Sponsor's written request.
7. Judging Round: At the conclusion of each day during the Entry Period, all eligible Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges based on which Submission best portrays the essentials for a girls' night out based on originality and creativity (the "Judging Criteria"). The Submission with the highest score each day will be deemed the potential daily winner ("Daily Winner." At the conclusion of the Entry Period, judges will review the submissions of all seven (7) Daily Winners and select one (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") using the above Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie, the entries involved in the tie are subject to review by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate entries according to criteria listed above. Decisions of judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Disclaimer of Similarities: Due to the nature of this Contest, there is a possibility that similar Submissions may be entered by multiple individuals. Any similarity between Submissions shall in no way entitle you to any consideration or compensation from the Sponsor or from any third party, including in the event a Submission similar or identical to yours is selected as a winner in this Contest. By submitting your Submission, you specifically acknowledge this possibility and agree to the terms stated in these Official Rules.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, a potential winner (or, if winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release, and an IRS W-9 form within a timeframe to be determined by Sponsor. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the required paperwork within the specified time period, or if the notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Prizes:Seven (7) Daily Prize Winners will each receive three (3) tickets to see "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" (approximate retail value ("ARV"): USD $45) (each a "Daily Prize".) One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a USD $200 movie theatre gift certificate (the "Grand Prize") in addition to the Daily Prize won. Movie tickets/gift certificates are subject to issuer's terms and conditions.
Prizes are not transferable and no cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account from which the entry is made.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. Contest Results: To request the name of the Daily Winners or Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Cambio Mortal Instrument Winners, c/o Cambio, PO Box 931778, Hollywood CA 90093. Requests must be received by October 1, 2013.
14. CTMG is neither a prize provider nor sponsor of this Contest and is not responsible for the administration, collection, processing of Submissions, or selection of winners associated with this Contest.
© Copyright 2013 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.