Following, the "We Can't Stop" crooner's twerk-filled, tongue-wagging duet with Robin Thicke, we took a look at the top 10 funniest and/or shocked reactions to her raunchy VMA performance.
10. Piers Morgan: The CNN host tweeted "Don't understand all the fuss about Miley Cyrus. Some of us have been twerking for years..."
9. Al Roker: The Today Show weatherman was still miffed two days after the performance, saying on the Today Show Tuesday morning, "Not only was it tasteless, but she can't dance!"
8. MSNBC's Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski was also not amused, saying, "I wouldn't make a joke out of it actually. That was really, really disturbing. That young lady, who is 20, is obviously deeply troubled, deeply disturbed, clearly has confidence issues, probably an eating disorder, and I don't think anybody should have put her onstage. That was disgusting and embarrassing." Yikes.
7. Kelly Osbourne: Miley's pal also sounded off on Fashion Police, saying, "Miley's my friend and I love her, and I have her back no matter what, but as her friend I'm going to tell her: Put your f--king tongue in your mouth. I love you, but just put your tongue in your mouth."
6. Harry Styles: In an interview with Yahoo! after the VMAs, the One Direction singer called Miley's performance "very reserved," adding, "She's quite shy and I think it's about time she comes out of her shell." He also referred to her performance as one "you could sit and watch with your kids and your Grandma."
5. Kelly Clarkson: The American Idol alum sparked a Twitter feud with Miley's BFF when she tweeted, "Just saw a couple performances from the VMA's last night. 2 words....#pitchystrippers."
4. Miley's reaction to herself: Don't expect Miley to get up in arms over the backlash from her performance. On the contrary, The Queen of Twerk seemed quite happy with herself, tweeting: "Smilers! My VMA performance had 306,000 tweets per minute. That's more than the blackout or Superbowl! #fact". She then went on to retweet those who had nice things to say about it like Rolling Stone's Rob Sheffield, who wrote, "'Miley was the one star in the room who truly understood what the MTV Video Music Awards are all about! Miley stole the night, which is why the nation is still in recovery today. Thanks, Miley."
3. Bill Maher: The HBO host tweeted,"Watching VMAs. Haven't been in a strip club in a while, but good to see nothing has changed."
2. Robin Thicke's Mom, Gloria Loring: "I was not expecting [Miley] to be putting her butt that close to my son," she told OMG! Insider. "It's not that I saw it once, it's that I can never un-see it."
1. Judd Apatow: "I will always have this version of Miley. Let's live in the past and heal. pic.twitter.com/zMsEW2PvfO," tweeting a photo of Miley looking conservative on her So Undercover DVD cover.
(Few things can top Will, Jaden and Willow Smith's reactions that appeared to occur when Miley was gyrating on stage. But, while her performance appeared to leave them shocked, confused and in awe--Willow's mouth was wide open--it was actually a reaction shot from Lady Gaga's opening performance.
ENTER TO WIN THE OFFICIAL VMA GIFT BAG FROM CAMBIO!