Last night on the shocking summer finale of Pretty Little Liars, we found out that not only is Allison alive, but Aria's ex-boyfriend/teacher Ezra is 'A.' Take a look at the five things to know about Ian Harding! Last night on the shocking summer finale of Pretty Little Liars, we found out that not only is Allison alive, but Aria's ex-boyfriend/teacher Ezra is 'A.'
Take a look at five things to know about Ian Harding, who plays Ezra on the show.
1. Ian was born in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, but was raised in Virginia.
2. If he wasn't an actor, he would more than likely be a psychologist. When asked what profession he could see himself in if he hadn't made it in acting, Ian told Interview, "I would like to think that maybe I would be doing something in psychology or something of that nature because I love that vein of medicine - the getting down and getting nitty-gritty."
3. How did he get his role on Pretty Little Liars? After getting an e-mail about the audition from his agent, he said he "just kind of flirted with everybody that I came across."
"They were like, "You have the part," he also told Interview. "[I said] Wait a minute, okay... I think you're making a mistake. They decided that they weren't, and now I'm here. It was a really interesting audition process. It was so out of the blue and so surreal. It's so ridiculous how you just get a call one day and go on an audition that can easily change your life for the next several years."
4. He knows just as much about 'A' as we do. After Ezra walked into the 'A' lair on PLL's season finale and appeared to look furious that the Liars had found him out, fans started questioning if he really is 'A.'
When Zap2It asked him if Ezra is 'A,' Ian said, "You know, I honestly don't know. I know that I'm somehow involved in some shady dealings in Rosewood and Ravenswood. To what extent, I don't know. I'm only a few steps ahead of the audience, of the fans."
"I was told a while ago that there was going to be a dark turn for Ezra, but even [creator] Marlene King was like, 'We know something's going to happen, we have a few ideas, but we're going to play it out and see which way we wanna go with it.' Am I 'A'? I don't know. Could be, totally. But there's also a possibility that I'm not," Ian continued. "But we definitely know that Ezra chilling in a lair full of high-tech gadgetry is not a positive thing."
5. Ian and his ex-onscreen love Lucy Hale might play their romance well on-screen, but they're just close friends in real life.
"[He] is a doll," Lucy told Seventeen. "He is the coolest guy in the world. So funny. And I feel like our chemistry works so well. People are rooting for us to date, but it will never happen. He's literally like a brother to me!"