Liam Payne saved Andy Samuels life during a fire that broke out on his home's balcony. Find out about Liam's heroic rescue, as Andy's family thanked the One Direction singer for pulling him out of the flames. Yesterday, we reported that Liam Payne's balcony caught on fire, burning a few of his friends.
Now we have new details about Liam's role as hero during the blaze.
Liam's friend, Andy Samuels, reportedly suffered 20 percent burns to his chest, arms and legs when the gas lantern he was lighting exploded.
Andy's stepfather, Matthew Baker, told The Mirror: "We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life. The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly."
He added, "What happened was absolutely awful. My son is very poorly. I've spoken to Liam on the phone and he told me exactly what happened. He is very shocked himself. It's bad enough but it could have been a lot worse."
Andy's sister, Harriet, tweeted her thanks to the One Direction singer as well, writing: "I want to thank Liam for saving my brother."
Want More? Like us on Facebook
Gallery | One Direction: 'This Is Us'