"Rock the Red Kettle" Sweepstakes1. Eligibility: "Rock the Red Kettle" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 13 years of age or older. Employees of AOL Inc., Salvation Army USA ("Salvation Army"), and their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Grand Prize Entry Period will begin at 10:01 a.m. ET on November 14, 2013, and end at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 24, 2013, and the Runners-up Entry Period will begin at 10:01 a.m. ET on November 14, 2013 and end at 11:59 pm ET on December 3, 2013. Entries received prior to or after the Grand Prize and Runners-up Entry Periods will not be accepted.
5. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to onlineredkettle.org/Austinmahone (the "Sweepstakes Site") and follow the directions to complete the registration form by filling in the required information. Limit one (1) entry per person. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
6. Random Drawings: At the conclusion of the Grand Prize Entry Period, Sponsor or Salvation Army will select the names of three (3) potential Grand Prize Winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Grand Prize Entry Period. At the conclusion of the Runners-up Entry Period, Sponsor or Salvation Army will select the names of eight (8) potential Runners-up in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Runners-up Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. Requirements of the Winners: An entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawings is a potential winner. If a potential winner does not respond within the time frame stated in the winner notification, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the applicable Entry Period. A Potential Winner is not a winner until they have returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, by a deadline to be determined by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 form in order to claim the Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate potential winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising, and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. Grand Prizes: Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will each receive a trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA, to the Rock the Red Kettle concert on December 7, 2013. Prize includes round-trip, coach airfare for two (2) from the major airport nearest the winner's residence to Los Angeles, CA, 2 days/1 night hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy), admittance for two (2) to the Rock the Red Kettle concert, and a meet-and-greet opportunity with Austin Mahone. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $1,500. Dates of travel will be determined by Sponsor. Ground transportation, incidentals (including meals and tips), baggage check-in fees, insurance, and all other expenses not specified above as included in the prize are excluded and shall be the sole responsibility of the winners. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Actual retail value of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or Sponsor's designee. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The winners must be able to travel when designated by Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. The winners are responsible for any federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. A winner's travel companion must be 18 years of age or older, unless the winner is the parent/legal guardian of the travel companion. If a winner is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. Winners and their travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents. All aspects of the travel portions of the prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The winners will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round-trip air transportation element for the prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as Sponsor's terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers, or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities, or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The winners may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Travel companions must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents, within a time frame to be determined by Sponsor. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Giveaway, and those set forth by Sponsor's transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen, or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor if concert is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed, or postponed, in whole or in part. In the event the meet-and-greet with Austin Mahone is unable to take place for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor will have no further obligation other than to award the remaining portions of the prize.
Eight (8) Runners-up will each participate in an online "Google Hangout" session with Austin Mahone, on a date/time to be determined by Salvation Army. In order to participate, Runners-up must already have access to a computer (with Internet connection) with a webcam and must be available at the time/date selected by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Google Hangout footage may be used for future promotional purposes, at Sponsor's and Salvation Army's sole discretion. All specifics of the Runners-up prize, including the duration of the hangout session, will be determined by Salvation Army. Sponsor and Salvation Army are not responsible for any technical/computer/connectivity problems during the Hangout session and in such event, there will be no substitute prize or rescheduling of Hangout session. The Runners-up prize has no cash/retail value.
Prizes are not transferable and no cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. Sweepstakes Results: To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Salvation Army RTRK Winners, c/o AOL, 331 N. Maple Dr., Rm 2A:E06, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Requests must be received by January 31, 2014.
© Copyright 2013 AOL Inc. All rights reserved. Participants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the participant's personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.