He reportedly saw a spider in the laundry room and got to work with a lighter and a can of spray paint. Uh-oh. Most of us could figure out this might not end well, but perhaps in the panic of being face-to-face with a menacing spider, he wasn't thinking too clearly.
He set the wall on fire where he sprayed the spider and then it was all downhill from there, as KOMO News reports his rental home went up in flames, causing more than $60,000 in damages. Kyle Moore with the Seattle Fire Department explained, "I don't want to encourage people to do this, but that's what he did. The spider tried to get into the wall. He sprayed flames on the wall, lit the wall on fire, and that extended up to the ceiling."
He added, "There are safer, more effective ways to kill a spider than using fire. Fire is not the method to use to kill a spider." As for the fate of the spider, we're guessing he's toast, as he further explained: "I'm pretty sure the spider did not survive this fire. The whole wall went."
Want More? Like us on Facebook
Gallery | Pet Meme Mania