This one is tough for us to, um, swallow.
Ayperi Alekseeva had been struggling with stomach pains so bad that she couldn't eat or drink without getting sick. Once she started losing weight, the 18-year-old Kyrgyzstan native went to a hospital in the capital of Bishkek to find out what was wrong with her.
What doctors discovered was shocking: Ayperi had a nearly 9-pound ball of hair in her stomach blocking her digestive system, and they had to quickly remove it in an emergency surgery to save her life, according to the UK Telegraph.
As far as how all of that hair got there, let's just say Ayperi's love for chewing the ends of her mane and eating hair she picked up from the floor backfired on her in a major way.
"Her stomach was so badly swollen from hair and bits of wool from the carpet that it literally just oozed out soon as the wall of the stomach was cut," one of her doctors said. According to Metro, the teen would've died from dehydration or malnourishment if she hadn't had the surgery.
The hairball they removed is one of the largest one ever removed from a person. Ayperi has promised to stop chewing her hair now that's it out.