Break Up With Stress
With bundles of homework and long stressful nights, students often feel overwhelmed and dread the next day. But have no fear, Cambio Col[lab] is here!
1. Your goals are not impossible. "Nothing is impossible! The word itself says "I'm possible!" Although you may think it's impracticable and even if all the evidence reveals that it's impossible, you still can't be 100% sure unless you do one thing: try. Instead of having a to-do list, keep an "I accomplished list," or what I like to call a "hooray list." It's not a list to flaunt to your friends, it's a simple way to reflect back on your accomplishments, and encourage yourself to keep doing what you're doing - because it's working. Here's a peek at my list:
-Taught my mom how use emojis
-Just figured out that the show is called "Dancing with the Stars" because they're dancing with CELEBRITIES!
2. "Maybe you just need to plateau for a period. Just don't stay there." There are times when you have to let yourself rest, and that does not mean you're weak. Forcing yourself to work harder when you already have so much on your plate will only give you more pressure. Some people do better under pressure while others don't, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's always quality over quantity.
3. Find what you're passionate about and pursue it with all your heart. Even if it's not a million dollar idea, it will open doors for you. Take the risk; you won't know where it will take you.
4. Stop worrying! It's cliché but it's true. Trust me, you'll be much happier without all the negativity bundled up! Stop worrying about the future, stop worrying about what might or might not happen. Stressing about your future will do nothing but stress you out even more. Worrying will not send supersonic waves to change what will evidently happen. Instead, focus on the positives, and don't overwhelm yourself!
5. Don't dwell on failures because it's not called failing if you learn something from it.
6. Be confident in yourself. From now on, feel confident about everything you do. Present yourself with confidence and you'll gain confidence. Don't worry about what others may think of you, it prevents you from being you.