Who Built These 7 Brilliant Things? GIRLS
1. Monopoly: Who can you thank every time you pass go and collect $200? Elizabeth Magie - She created "The Landlord's Game" in 1906.
2. White Out: With help from her son's chemistry teacher, American typist Bette Graham invented typewriter correction fluid, which she originally called "mistake out."
3. Signal flares: Don't they look smokin'? Martha Coston and her husband spent 10 years working with chemical and pyrotechnic experts to make the flares into a reality.
4. Refrigerator: Ms. Florence Parpart, YOU are the coolest.
5. Computer Program: Ada Lovelace's supplementary notes to an article she translated TECHnically constitute the first computer algorithm.
6. Suspenders: Did Laura Cooney do that? Yes, she did.
7. Car heater: Baby, who cares if it's cold outside? Margaret Wilcox invented the first car heating system in 1893.
(Cambio Col[lab] is a lab for young creators to showcase their passion and develop their voice. Like what you're seeing? Share it to support their effort!)