It's safe to say Shawn Mendes is on the way to being something big in the music industry.
After his first single, "Life of the Party," shot to #1 on the ITunes charts in less than an hour in June, the 16-year-old Canadian singer-songwriter released his next single, "Something Big" Nov. 7, to the delight of his fans.
Check out the five things to know about Shawn Mendes!
1. Vine Made Him a Star: Shawn built up his following rapidly on Vine posting clips of himself singing cover songs, which eventually landed him a record deal with Island Records. As of Nov. 9, he had 3.3 million followers on Vine.
"I posted a six-second clip of me singing 'As Long As You Love Me' by Justin Bieber in August  and it was an overnight sort of explosion," he told Mashable earlier this year."When I woke up and I had 10,000 likes on that video, I was like, 'What is going on?' Social media is taking off. It's an entire new world out there."
2. Ed Sheeran is a huge fan.: So big, in fact, that he reportedly flew Shawn out to Los Angeles for dinner after watching his videos, according to RyanSeacrest.com. And we may see a duet with these two in the future (fingers crossed). Back in October, Shawn told Entertainmentwise he would love to collaborate with Ed in the future, adding, "He'd be really cool to collaborate with. I think it's just his style...he just gets up on stage with a guitar and rocks the house down in front of thousands, it's really impressive".
3. He's multi-lingual: Shawn is half Portuguese and speaks three languages.
4. He would kill to do a duet with Eminem: "He's so talented," Shawn told Teen.com. "No one can compete with his skill. I would love to do a collaboration with him."
5. He's going on tour with Taylor Swift.: Shawn announced Nov. 3 he'll be joining the "Shake it Off" crooner on her upcoming "1989 World Tour" next year as one of her opening acts. Vance Joy will also be performing on the tour with them.