While there has been a lot of speculation surrounding the horrific incident, much of it has turned out to be just that. Now, Bruce himself is speaking out about the crash.
In an emotional statement to The Associated Press, the 65-year-old said, "My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident. It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."
Bruce has already been extremely cooperative, submitting to a voluntary field sobriety test at the scene of the accident and then volunteering to have his blood drawn at a local hospital for blood alcohol testing.
There was some speculation that Bruce had been texting at the time of the accident, but new photos seem to disprove that theory and Bruce's publicist says he will continue to cooperate on that front as well, adding, "The evidence will show that Bruce was not texting at the time of the accident."
He also spoke with law enforcement about the assumptions that he was being chased by paparazzi, telling them he knew they were following him, but that's pretty normal and that he wasn't driving erratically to get away from them.
A Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Commander also tweeted that all three of the surviving drivers, including Bruce, were cooperating with the department.
The accident remains under investigation.
Update: 4 vehicle collision. PCH Malibu 1 driver fatality. 3 other drivers cooperating w/@LHSLASD 1 of 3 drivers is Mr. Bruce Jenner- Cmdr. Mike Parker (@mpLASD) February 7, 2015