Happy National Doughnut Day!
It's the first Friday of June, which means one of our favorite informal holidays has rolled around...and so have a ton of free doughnuts. To celebrate and make the weekend a little bit sweeter, doughnut companies across the country are giving out free doughnuts. Take a peek at where to go to get a complimentary sweet treat.
1. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts: Customers at participating Krispy Kreme stores don't have to do anything but show up and they'll get a free doughnut of their choice.
2. Dunkin Donuts: You can grab a free doughnut here if you buy a beverage at any time of the day on Friday at participating stores.
3. Tim Hortons: If you live on the East Coast (and near a Tim Hortons), you can download a coupon on the company's Facebook page for a free donut with any purchase.
4. Entenmann's: The grocery store brand is offering one lucky person that chance to win a year's worth of free doughnuts, through a Facebook contest.
5. Honey Dew Donuts: Also for East Coasters, if you live near a Honey Dew Donuts and purchase any medium drink on Friday, you'll be treated to a free Mocha Madness donut, which is topped with "creamy mocha frosting and chocolate drizzle."
Other than these freebies, restaurants across the country are offering doughnut deals all day today –whether they're a doughnut shop or not. Take a look at the local news sites in your area (i.e. Los Angeles Times if you live in L.A.), and keep an eye on social media for more details.