The Chelsea boot, a beat-up leather jacket, a polished trench coat: Classics are classics for a reason. Always relevant and continuously fresh, we turn to the classics when we want a fool-proof fashionable outfit that will hit the mark every time.
Stripes totally fall into this category, and they're the most on-point print for any stylish gal's summer wardrobe. But while the nautically-nuanced look dives headfirst into darling ensembles again and again, the timeless pattern can belly flop if it's over-worn in the same-old styles. Make a chic splash of your own with the edgy striped items below!
1. Striped SoleStripes don't need to be confined to the T-shirt department! When shopping for your next sand-proof sandal, consider trading up your flip-flops for a beachy espadrille sporting the classic pattern.
Factory striped espadrille d'orsay flats, $29.50, J. Crew Factory
2. Sweater WeatherWhen the sun goes down and you're hitting the beachside bonfire, you'll def want to grab another layer. Keep the sunny style going all night long with a sheer stripe sweater – showing off just enough of that fresh-from-the-beach glow.
Women's Shadow-Stripe Sweater-Knit Tops, $21, Old Navy
3. Watch YourselfCan't get enough of summer's favorite print? Then invest in a striped accessory you can rock with every look! This super-cute watch is available in preppy seaside colors you'll love.
Stripes Watch, $27, Imsmi
4. Tie-Dye DarlingStripes aren't confined to just plain jane prints – get in touch with your groovy side with the tie-dye pattern that gives stripes a feel-good vibe. Add a tank, and these lovely lines make for the perfect swimsuit cover-up.
Remi Tie-Dye Shorts, $21, Brandy Melville
5. Backpacking BabeWhere are you going to store all these striped beauties? In your stylish striped, canvas backpack, of course! This pack's recycled cotton is lightweight - but still strong enough to carry a laptop and books. Because you're obviously on your way to a homework sesh, right?
Backpack, $38, Baggu
6. Poolside PrettyGetting your sunbathing on has never looked better. Chevron stripes as colorful as the sprinkles at your fave beachside ice cream spot are just what you need to kick it up a notch.
Cool by the Pool Swimsuit Top, $29.99, ModCloth
7. Romp AroundRompers are everywhere this summer, so might as well pick one up in the season's best print! This romper's casual T-shirt style offers a little more coverage to keep you comfy indoors when the A.C. is blasting.
Stripe T-Shirt Romper, $27, American Apparel
If stripes are the print that transcends all decades, let this particular striped earring bring you back to the glam of the 1980s. Looking fierce, girl!
8. Ear's the Thing
Apache Earrings, $17, Suzywan Deluxe
9. Sock It to MeYour feet deserve to be on-trend, too. Introduce them to the season's staple in a semi-sheer fabric that will look amazing paired with your summer sneaks.
Monki Socks in Stripe, $9.50, ASOS
10. Crop ShopWhat's more seaside chic than a striped crop top? One that ties in the back! The thoughtful detail sets this top apart from the rest, plus, makes it way more breathable than other constricting crops in the hottest of months.
Truly Madly Deeply Tie-Back Striped Tank Top, $29, Urban Outfitters