1. Stop Having 'Guilty Pleasures
You shouldn't feel guilty about liking something! If you like bad reality TV, soap operas or One Direction, then own it! It's more fun to listen to 1D at full blast while singing along anyways.
2. Even though we're owning our love for One Direction, it might be time to stop putting posters of boybands on the walls. Now, I'm not going to tell you how to decorate (I could only manage to move Harry Styles to the back of my door), but at the very least, stop putting up pictures of teenagers - it's getting a little creepy now.
3. Stop Drunk Texting
I know that your 20s is when you first start being able to drink legally, but don't start or continue drunk texting! It's almost always embarrassing and cringe-worthy in the sober morning light, and I don't know anyone who has ever regretted not keeping their phone firmly in their pocket after they've had a few drinks.
4. Stop Saying 'Yes' When You Want to Say 'No'
If you'd rather stay home and binge watch That 70's Show on Netflix than go out, you don't have to let anyone drag you to a party. It's good to take time for yourself too (but remember daylight and social interaction is nice as well).
5. Stop Mixing Your Laundry
I know it seems faster to shove all your clothes into the machine rather then to sort your whites and colors, but is having a weird pink stain on half your shirts really worth it?
6. Stop Doing a Job or Studying Something You Hate
No one really likes working part time, but if you're absolutely miserable, it might be time to start looking for something else to do. Same goes for college; if you're finding that you don't like your classes and that your major no longer interests you, switch! Sure, it might take a few extra years to graduate, but if you can find something that you actually enjoy studying, it will be worth it.
7. Stop Letting Your Mom Make All Your Appointments for You
I know phone calls are scary and intimidating, but it's time to start easing into the grownup world and take some responsibility for your own health and well-being.
8. Stop Putting Things Off
Your 20s are the ideal time to do all those things you've always wanted to do! Don't wait to go on that trip, take up kick-boxing or whatever it is you've been saying you'll do when you have more free time. Just do it!
9. Stop Hanging Onto Toxic Relationships
It doesn't matter how long you've been friends - if someone makes you feel bad about yourself, it's time to remove yourself from that situation. Drop that boy who can't make up his mind whether he likes you or not, too; if he really likes you he'll call but if he doesn't move on, don't look back.
10. Stop Eating Cereal for Dinner
I know making dinner and doing groceries can be annoying and time consuming, but if you eat real meals, you'll have more energy for school, assignments and work. You need proper fuel to keep going! If you REALLY don't have time to cook during the week, you can even make a huge batch of something on the weekend that'll last through all your busy days.
11. Stop Hating on Your Celeb Crush's Girlfriend/Boyfriend
I know it can be hard, especially when he/she should so obviously be with you, but it's time to be mature and realize that if he/she can't be happy with you, he/she should be happy with someone else.
12. Stop Sleeping in Your Makeup
At least on a regular basis, you know it's bad for your skin, and it's never fun to wake up with your eyes mascara-ed together.
13. Stop Staying Up Late for No Reason
If you have an assignment or you're going to a party, that's fine, but try to get on a regular sleep schedule. Your mental and physical health will thank you.
14. Stop Going to Work With Wet Hair
Starbucks or the grocery store may not be the fanciest workplaces in the world, but try to start getting in the habit of looking more professional!
15. Stop Staying in One Place (Literally or Figuratively)
Your 20s are a time to learn, grow and change. Expand your views and make educated judgments, and if you can afford to travel or are interested in exchange or study abroad programs - DO IT!
16. Stop Judging Other People
If it doesn't affect you, you shouldn't care what anyone else is wearing/watching/listening to.
17. Stop Caring What Other People Think
Do what makes you happy and don't let what anyone anyone else thinks stop you.
18. Stop Second Guessing Yourself
It might not always be easy, but you can do this. Stay on your path and throw yourself completely into following your dreams.
19. Stop Being Who Other People Want You to Be
It's time to stop trying to meet other people's expectations and start working toward become who you - and only you - want to be.
20. Stop Worrying About the Future
You'll figure it all out eventually. Sure, you'll makes some mistakes and hit some bumps along the way, but that's part of the fun of figuring life out and growing up!