Get the Look: Taylor Swift's Low Knotted Pony
From the front, the look appeared super simple - her bangs were silky smooth and slicked to one side, the makings of a ponytail peeking out from behind her head. But when she turned to the side, we noticed that she wasn't just rocking a regular mini pony. She's got a little bit of a knotted twist going on, and we CANNOT. GET. ENOUGH.
To get Taylor's knotted pony, you'll need smooth, straight-ish hair, so blow dry first, if necessary. Then follow these six steps:
1. To make your hair #flawless and silky like Taylor's, add some smoothing product, like Bumble and Bumble's Invisible Oil ($39, Birchbox).
2. Next, part your hair - Taylor went for a dramatic side part - and then pull it back into a ponytail at the nape of your neck, leaving two sections out on either side of the ponytail. There's a great step-by-step tutorial with photos over here at The Beauty Department.
3. Mist each of the sections with strong-hold hair spray, like Tresemmé Tres Two Spray, Extra Firm Control ($4, Drugstore.com).
4. Take each of the sections and cross them over the elastic, tying into a half knot.
5. Then, wrap the pieces around and under the elastic and secure them with bobby pins so they cannot be seen.
6. Spritz the whole thing with hair spray.
Sounds easy, right? You got this. Good luck getting your Taylor #HairInspo on!