Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill haven't been shy about packing on the PDA or tweeting about how much they like each other, but they've haven't really gotten fully candid about their relationship...until now.
In an interview with GQ, the couple got all lovey-dovey, dishing on everything from when they started seeing each other and why Nicki's mom wasn't feeling their relationship at first.
1. Nicki's Mom Wasn't a Fan Of Their Relationship: Nicki said "everyone professionally" was on board with their relationship, but not her mom. "My mother only knows Meek from what she sees in public, in the media," she told the mag. "She met him now, but she just wants to make sure he's a nice guy. She's overprotective of her daughter. Another thing people don't realize is I've only had three boyfriends in my whole life. I've never dated around... I don't have a whole lot of experience in that department so my mother and my family were very like what? This is a big step, because they've only known one thing for over a decade. Even my pastor, who's like a second mother, was scared. Everybody was just scared. Those women were scared for me because when I love someone I really let them in, and I really let me guard down. And I think it's only natural for a mother to just, you know, she just wanted to make sure I wasn't rushing into anything."
2. This Is What Meek Loves About Nicki: When she asked, "What'd you like about me?," he replied, "That you was a hustler. That you were doing your thing. A lot of people coming up. People don't really have a girlfriend that's doing more than them or the same thing. I like girls that hustle. She a boss. She's pretty as f**k. Bad as sh*t. Ambitious."
3. Meek Started "Courting" Nicki Earlier Than We Thought: Although the public started getting wind of their romance around February this year, Meek said he started "courting" her over a year ago.
4. Nicki Didn't Start Taking Meek Seriously Until He Went to Jail: They shot a video together, but Nicki said she didn't think about taking their friendship to another level until he was on his way behind bars for probation violations. "He was on my mind the day before, because I saw him going off on Twitter, and I was like, 'oh man, he needs somebody to, like, make him feel good right now.' So when I heard he went to jail I was really disappointed," she said. "I reached out to his people like, 'yo, let him know I'm praying for him to come home.' And they told him, and he asked them to call me for him. And it was like, I remember sitting on my balcony at my house and just being on the phone with him until it started getting dark outside. And I was just like, 'yo, I'm in trouble.' I just knew that first day. It was that long conversation. I was like uh-oh."
5. Meek Tweeted About Nicki for Five Years Before She Gave Him a Chance: Back in 2010, he tweeted, "#MYGOALIS 2 GET @NICKIMINAJ B4 SOMEBODY ELSE DO!!!!!!!!" At the time he didn't know Safaree already had her. That wasn't all he did, though. "I have a whole rap about her," he told the mag. "The entire city of Philadelphia knows it. If she were performing there by herself, they would sing it to her."
Meek plays coy in the interview about how he landed Nicki, but clearly he worked hard to get her...and it paid off.