Top 5 Moments of Global Citizen Festival 2015
I got to the line around 10:30 a.m., and we started moving in at noon. Somehow, my friends and I ended up front row.
My view allowed me to seriously happy dance the entire time at the show. Seriously though, we ended up on the screen jamming at one point:
Anyway, here are my top five moments from the show:
5. Coldplay brought Ariana Grande on stage to sing a song written by "the most handsomest man in the world Harry Styles," as Chris Martin described. They sang Ariana's ballad "Just a Little Bit of Your Heart" together.
4. When Jay-Z, Usher, Hugh Jackman and Zach Braff stood right in front of me to watch Ed Sheeran perform.
3. Ed brings on Chris on stage to sing "Thinking Out Loud"
2. Beyonce introduces the first lady Michelle Obama on stage
1. Beyonce brings Ed on stage to sing "Drunk in Love"
Despite all these rockstar moments this past Saturday, the best moment was definitely knowing how many people were essentially influenced by this event. The concert, in the end, did take place to make a difference. People seem to forget that sometimes and think it is just about all the celebrities and the music. However, it is about making a difference in the world. Global Citizen does want to end global poverty by the year 2030, after all!
Global Citizen, I cannot wait for next year.