Ouch! This Woman's Eye Was Super-Glued Shut After a Terrible Mix-Up

Pin It
We have all heard about how you never, ever, EVER want to get super glue on your skin because it will literally fuse your fingers together and the process of getting them unstuck is excruciatingly painful and usually involves some skin sacrifice.

What about if you got super glue in your eye, though? When you think about it, the bottle could very easily be mistaken for a bottle of eye drops and given that both are clear liquids and dispense in little droplets, it's actually a very easy mistake to make - especially when you have something in your eye and aren't seeing clearly.

In this poor woman's case, her eyes were glued shut after someone else mistook the glue for eye drops. Katie Gaydos tells WPBF that someone using a leaf blower got some debris into her eye. Unable to see, she asked the man to get the eye drops out of her purse. Unfortunately, he mistakenly grabbed super glue she had for applying fake fingernails and put that into her eye instead.

"As soon as I felt it burn, I closed my eye and screamed and called 911," she said. Her eye was sealed shut and weeping for nine days. A doctor was able to eventually pry her eye open and told her that she should get her sight back. She is scheduled to go in today to get the glue scraped off of her cornea.

What a terrifying experience. We wish her the best and hope she makes a full, and speedy, recovery.

OOPS! A woman in Florida accidentally super-glued her eye shut a week ago when she mistook glue for Visine and her eye is still stuck: http://abc7ne.ws/1GyUFCV

Posted by ABC7 News on Thursday, October 8, 2015


Follow Cambio


Join Our Newsletter
Stay fetch. Sign up for The Cray, our daily roundup of all things buzzworthy. From Kylie Jenner's trendsetting style (btw, puberty goals AF) to life-changing tech news (tweeting an emoji to order a pizza #YES), The Cray is all you need to impress the squad.
Privacy Terms