The 7 Best Quotes from Jaden Smith's 'GQ' Interview
When he sat down with GQ recently, the actor-rapper didn't disappoint, chatting about everything from his plans to disappear in 10 years to the massive pyramid he built in his parents' backyard. While the entire interview was a quotable in itself, we pulled the 7 best quotes from it to give you the gist of what went down and further insight into Jaden's train of thought.
1. Mystery School Life (a.k.a. what he calls his and Willow's home school): "Me and my sister started this initiative called Mystery School," he said. "It dates back to like ancient Egypt, ancient Greece—like Plato, Pythagoras, all these students had mystery schools. And what they learned in there was sacred. They would learn the math and sciences of that generation, and then they would build the cities and give that energy and that knowledge to the other people. And a lot of stuff they would keep really, really to themselves. Like, you couldn't say the word dodecahedron, which is just a shape, outside of one of the mystery schools or they would, like, kill you or whatever. Because it was such a sacred shape."
2. He Considers Himself a Scientist: "Me and Willow are scientists," he explained, "so everything for us is a scientific test upon humanity. And luckily we're put in a position where we can affect large groups of human beings at one time." One of those experiments? The T Magazine interview he did with Willow that got everyone talking. "That experiment—it went really, really well," he said. "We got to see how people reacted. And they actually ended up reacting exactly as we predicted beforehand that they would react."
4. He Knows People Think What He Says is Crazy: "It's fun, bro," he said about those experiments. "That's what a lot of people don't realize. It's fun. It's so much fun. It's the best thing. People think you're crazy—I feel like it's an honor, actually, for people to think I'm crazy. Because they thought Galileo was crazy, too, you know what I'm saying? I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don't think I'm not as revolutionary as Galileo."
5. He Builds and Makes Everything...Even a Pyramid: "Like, the clothes I'm wearing right now, done it on my own," he said. "I built my own bed, I built my own closet, um, I built two closets, I built four beds, I built, um, one pyramid—" It happens to be 12.5 feet tall, has no tip "like the Gaza pyramid," and sits in his parents' backyard.
6. Parties are for Suckers: "I rarely go to parties," he said. "My whole life is just dedicated on learning and breaking, like, the craziest records of life, and being like one of the craziest human beings to ever exist. That's me."
7. He Wants to Disappear in 10 Years: "No one will know where I am in ten years," he said. "They'll see me pop up, but they'll be like, 'Where'd you come from?' No one will know. No one will know where I'm at. No one will know who I'm with. No one will know what I'm doing. I've been planning that since I was like 13."
Mind = Blown.