10 Things You Never Knew About the 'Back to the Future' Trilogy
But money talk aside, let's discover 10 things about 1985's Back to the Future that you might not know.
1. Bob Gale had the idea of making the movie after finding his father's high school yearbook and noticing that Mark (Bob's father) was quite a nerd back in the day.
2. Michael J. Fox was really accidentally hanged during the making of Back To The Future III.
3. Biff Tannen was named after Ned Tanen, an unpleasant Universal executive during the meeting for the movie I Wanna Hold Your Hand.
4. Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and Lorraine (Lea Thompson) only have one scene together during the whole three movies.
5. In the original script, Einstein was a chimp and not a dog.
6. Apart from Disney, all the other movie companies thought that the mother-son love romance wasn't risqué enough, due to the lack of sexual content.
7. The DeLorean DMC-12 was the chosen car because its wing doors would make it look like an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO).
8. Universal wanted to the movie to be called Spaceman from Pluto.
9. An 8 year old Elijah Wood can be seen making his debut in the franchise.
10. October 21 is the official Back to the Future Day in Puente Hills, California.