17 College Things That Don't Make Sense
1. Tuition Raised Annually
Now this is just mind-boggling. They see we're already struggling enough with the current tuition, so how is raising it going to make the situation any better?!
2. The Amount of Money You're Going to Have to Pay BackYeah, it's fine take all of my money! I'll just be living in my car until I'm 75.
3. Paying for On-campus Food We're already trying to sell our organs to pay tuition and on top of that, we have to worry about finding the funds to pay for a fake Chipotle burrito? Nuh-uh honey.
4. Ice-breakers in Class I will never grasp why professors have us go around the room to share things that no one cares about. Just leave us socially awkward folks alone, will ya?
5. Mandatory AttendanceHow are you going to instill in us that we're independent to attend as we please, but then go on to say that points will be deducted at the end of the semester if we miss more than two classes? So cruel.
6. Being Called on in Class I thought this was college. Isn't the professor supposed to not know my name?
7. Going From a Chill Week of Just Light Readings to Having a Presentation, 2 Research Papers, 3 Discussion Board Posts and 5 Exams Due Next WeekJust when you thought to yourself, Hey maybe this semester won't be so bad.
8. Gen-Ed RequirementsI'm taking an art class when I can't even draw stick figures for my life. Brilliant idea to have us waste time instead of fulfilling our major requirements.
9. Cumulative Finals Guess who's hating herself for throwing away all the notes from the first exam?
10.Research Papers Longer Than a Twitter FeedCan it at least be quadruple spaced?
Let's just face it; they're always going to haunt us.
12. Group ProjectsEnough said.
13.When Professors Make Useless Study-sheetsThese should just be renamed to "what won't be mentioned on the exam at all."
14. Campus Suddenly Becoming Too Small I pray everyday that I won't run into my Tinder matches.
15. Being Told by Professors That Connections Matter More Than an EducationWait, so why am I even here?!
16. Time Going by Way Too FastCan I just go back to high school?
17. Thinking Maybe You're Not Supposed to Understand and Have It all Figured OutOne day, you'll look back on your college years and suddenly the pieces will fit together...at least I hope!