As someone whose biggest phobia is finding a bug in her food, this story gives me all of the icky feels. Jennifer Sain, the worm-finder's mother, felt the same way, and wasn't that thrilled by the school cafeteria's initial response. Jennifer's daughter sent her a text of the worm in her food immediately after seeing it, and it's very clearly not something you want to eat - even though a cafeteria worker insisted it was just a "piece of rice that didn't puff." Umm... no. Fortunately, the school realized that this worm was a bit of an issue, and could pose a health threat for other students. The school quickly contacted the company that supplied the meal to the school, and also had the health inspector come in to check out the cafeteria. According to a statement from the school, "the Department of Health and Environmental Control... gave food service operations a 100% for sanitation and food safety practices." If that's the case, it seems that the worm may have gotten in through the supplier, not the school.
Unfortunate things like this can happen at any food service establishment, but it's hard to blame students if they feel a bit uncomfortable eating from the cafeteria for a few weeks. PB&J's are your new BFF, Clover students.
Want More? Like us on Facebook
Gallery | School Memes 101