Celebrity hairstylist Jen Atkin styled the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star's locks for the show and gave us the lowdown on how to create it, dishing on the exact steps she took and products she used for the textured low ponytail with a "modern twist on the French twist."
Here's how you can do it yourself:
1. Apply a volumizing mousse to damp hair and scrunch with your fingers as you blow dry completely to create the wild texture. RUSK Volumizing Mousse ($18; Ulta) is recommended.
2. Blow dry with a round brush for a full blowout, and when it's dry, create soft, natural waves using a nano titanium 1.5" curling iron. Jen used the BaBylissPRO Rapido Blowdryer ($199.99; Cosmoprof) and BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium 1.5" Curling Iron ($49.99; Cosmoprof).
3. Next, run a thin straightening iron over random sections to create a more natural wave pattern. Jen used a BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron ($139.99; Cosmoprof) for this part.
4. Tease hair at the roots using a fine comb, then spray RUSK Deepshine Color Care Invisible Dry Shampoo ($19; Ulta) throughout roots to add thickness and extra structure, but no weight.
5. Gather hair into a low pony tail, twisting one side in to create a partial modern French twist leading into the ponytail.
6. Secure with a hair bungee and French hair pins. To secure height at the crown, finish with RUSK Freezing Spray ($19; Ulta) for hold.
And viola! You're ready for your big night out.
Want More? Like us on Facebook
Gallery | 2015 American Music Awards: Best and Worst Dressed