This Ish Is Cray: A Makeup Mirror Set a Woman's Desk on Fire

Share
Tweet
Pin It
Share
Tweet
Pin It
Every woman should feel like they look hot when they look in the mirror, but this story takes a hot reflection to a whole new level. A makeup mirror set a woman's desk on fire, and apparently now anything can spontaneously burst into flame.

20-year-old Kasey Ault got the scare of her life when she came home to find that her iPad case, which had been sitting on her desk, was completely charred. When she checked around her desk for any possible suspects to the burning - like a candle or curling iron - she found nothing out of the ordinary. That's when she realized what actually did the damage - her overheated mirror.

According to Kasey, her mirror had been left in the sun at such an angle that it had gotten extremely hot, and likely caused a small fire. The photos of what happened to her iPad case are shocking and scary: though the fire seemingly went out on its own, Kasey stated in a Facebook post that she had several pets sleeping at home at the time who could have been harmed had the fire spread.

Just had something very scary happen to me. If any of you do your makeup in a little mirror in front of the window like...

Posted by Kasey Ault on Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Obviously this situation is so rare that it would be impossible for Kasey to have predicted the outcome, but it is a reminder to not let anything get overheated. Weird accidents do happen, and it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

MORE CELEB SCOOPS

Show Comments
Join Our Newsletter
Stay fetch. Sign up for The Cray, our daily roundup of all things buzzworthy. From Kylie Jenner's trendsetting style (btw, puberty goals AF) to life-changing tech news (tweeting an emoji to order a pizza #YES), The Cray is all you need to impress the squad.
Privacy Terms