Meet the five best new artist nominees and tell us who you think will take home the award!
1. Tori Kelly: This star on the rise's voice will take your breath away. After getting rejected on American Idol, Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, signed the singer-songwriter and the rest was history. Her debut album, Unbreakable Smile, debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in June, and shortly after she brought the MTV Video Music Awards audience to their feet with her performance of "Should've Been Us."
i'm nominated for a Grammy. my heart is heavy & i am just speechless— Tori Kelly (@ToriKelly) December 7, 2015
2. Meghan Trainor: "All About That Bass" put the pop singer on the map last year and landed her two 2015 Grammy nominations for Record of the Year and Song of the Year. Since then, she's kept the momentum with the release of her debut album Title, and hot singles like "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" and "Dear Future Husband." After receiving the Best New Artist nomination, Meghan wrote on Instagram, "Crying all day.😭😭😭😭😭😭 what an honor it is to be next to such incredible artists like @torikelly @jamesbaymusic @samhuntmusic and #CourtneyBarnett ..thank you to the @thegrammys for this amazing nomination!!💘💘💘💘."
3. James Bay: The British singer-songwriter learned to play guitar when he was just 11 by watching YouTube videos, according to the UK's Telegraph. Years later, he was signed to Republic Records after a fan uploaded a video of him performing at an open mic. He not only gained a ton of success with his debut album, Chaos and the Calm, but he also has opened for the likes of Taylor Swift and the Rolling Stones.
THREE GRAMMY NOMINATIONS. THREE!!! 😑😐😵😵😵 pic.twitter.com/Xe8y3XGy0s— James Bay (@JamesBayMusic) December 7, 2015
4. Courtney Barnett: If you haven't heard of the Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist, here's the deal: She's known for her witty lyrics and unique, deadpan singing style. The indie rocker was also one of the breakout performances at this year's SXSW, according to Entertainment Weekly. Her album, Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit, was released in March and earned a ton of praise from music critics.
5. Sam Hunt: The country crooner, who took home New Artist of the Year at the American Music Awards last month is a force to be reckoned with. His debut album, Montevallo, sparked several platinum-selling singles, debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and sounds like a mix of hip hop and country.