There's no denying Jaden and Willow Smith march to the beat of their own drums...and that's just one reason why their fans love them. Aside from their philosophical tweets, the brother-sister duo brings it whenever they do interviews, having no qualms about sharing their often misunderstood ideologies with the world.
Take a peek a the five things Jaden and Willow said this year that blew our minds, made us think and even made us scratch our heads a little.
1. When Jaden Explained the Meaning of Mystery School Life (a.k.a. what he calls his and Willow's home school): "Me and my sister started this initiative called Mystery School," he told GQ. "It dates back to like ancient Egypt, ancient Greece—like Plato, Pythagoras, all these students had mystery schools. And what they learned in there was sacred. They would learn the math and sciences of that generation, and then they would build the cities and give that energy and that knowledge to the other people. And a lot of stuff they would keep really, really to themselves. Like, you couldn't say the word dodecahedron, which is just a shape, outside of one of the mystery schools or they would, like, kill you or whatever. Because it was such a sacred shape."
2. When Jaden Admitted He Knows People Think What He Says is Crazy: "That's what a lot of people don't realize. It's fun. It's so much fun. It's the best thing. People think you're crazy—I feel like it's an honor, actually, for people to think I'm crazy," he told GQ. "Because they thought Galileo was crazy, too, you know what I'm saying? I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don't think I'm not as revolutionary as Galileo."
3. When Willow Explained What Her Version of the World Would Look Like If She Had It Her Way: "The whole world would be one big tribe, one big commune," she told i-D. "It wouldn't be split up and divided, we wouldn't be fighting nearly as much, we wouldn't be using unnecessary sources of power. We'd be using free energy, we'd be eating from the trees, we'd be drinking from the natural stream. There wouldn't be traffic, and diapers and pollution in our rivers. It would all just be transcending into another dimension [laughs].
4. When Jaden Said He Wants to Disappear in 10 Years: "No one will know where I am in ten years," he said. "They'll see me pop up, but they'll be like, 'Where'd you come from?' No one will know. No one will know where I'm at. No one will know who I'm with. No one will know what I'm doing. I've been planning that since I was like 13."
5. When Willow Revealed What She Thinks of Her Generation: "I feel that right now what our generation needs is to do the art that's in our hearts," she told i-D. "Do it to the fullest and try to help other people find out that thing that makes them happy. The more people that are doing what's in their hearts, the more that heart vibration is going to start spreading around the world, and the more people will start thinking, 'Wow, maybe McDonalds isn't what I should be eating, maybe the way they're teaching me in school is depressing me, maybe I should be climbing trees and meditating more than I should be listening to my teachers telling me that everything I'm doing is wrong.' So it's taking those little steps towards awareness."