Get ready to hit the open waters of South Africa in Blue Crush 2, the sequel to the 2002 movie.
The movie is available on Blu-Ray and DVD today and stars Sharni Vinson, Sasha Jackson, and Elizabeth Mathis. The story follows Dana, a killer surfer from California, travels to the breathtaking coasts of South Africa, determined to fulfill her mother's dream of surfing the legendary Jeffrey's Bay. With nothing but her mom's journal as a guide and a fun-loving group of surf fanatics watching her back, Dana faces epic waves, tough locals and her own fears in this unforgettable surf odyssey.
Our friends at JSYK visited the set of the movie in South Africa and sent us these fun interviews with Sharni & Elizbeth. Check them out to find out more about their characters, learning to surf, and how they didn't really feel like they were working. I don't think we would either if we got to spend our days filming on the beach.
Don't forget to pick up your copy of the DVD, in stores today.
The Blu-ray and DVD version of Blue Crush 2 includes the following bonus features:
· DELETED SCENES
· GAG REEL
· THE MAKING OF BLUE CRUSH 2-Dive into the world of Blue Crush 2 as the cast and crew of the film offer an inside look at the film's behind-the-scenes secrets.
· SURF SAFARI! FILMING IN SOUTH AFRICA-From Durban's bustling street markets to the dazzling wildlife of the African plains, Blue Crush 2 showcases the beauty of South Africa in all its diversity. The cast and crew take viewers on a very personal guided tour of this amazing location.
· RIPPING IT! SHOOTING THE SURF SCENES-The filmmakers reveal the intricate techniques they used to create some of the most awesome surf ever seen. They also take viewers behind the scenes to look at how the film's stars trained for the intense surfing sequences.
· FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MIKE ELLIOTT AND CAST
Blu-ray exclusive features include:
· BD-LIVE – Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers and more!
· MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
· pocket BLU: The groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone®, iPod® touch, BlackBerry®, Nokia® Smartphone, Android, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player. Also available on the iPad®, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU made especially to take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that's bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU offers advanced features such as:
o ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
o VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
o MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
o BROWSE TITLES: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
o KEYBOARD: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.