The movie everyone is talking about is finally out in theaters today.
The Social Network stars Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake, and Andrew Garfield and takes viewers on the journey of the development and creation of facebook. E! Online recently chatted with the actors and the filmmakers to find out 5 things you need to know about this movie, that isn't really all about facebook.
1. It's your go-to guide for future A-listers. (We agree, it stars the future Spider-Man Andrew Garfield, plus Jesse and Justin are great. There are a lot of talented young faces including Armie Hammer, Brenda Song, Malese Jow, Joe Mazzello and Rooney Mara who just landed the coveted lead role in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
2. A film featuring the Napster founder will have some music cred, right? (The score is by Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor)
3. The dialogue's explosive (The movie was written by Aaron Sorkin, best known for "The West Wing." "[Rather than sitting in a room talking], they're standing in a room talking," Sorkin told E! News recently. "That's how I infuse it with a Michael Bay-like intensity.")
4. Attention to detail: According to the cast, scenes were only considered complete after upwards of 99 takes, not that they're complaining. "Every actor I know would stay all day as long as there was film in the camera," said Jesse Eisenberg (who heads up the cast as Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg).
5. Facebook doesn't want you to see it: According to Sorkin, the company would only endorse the film if Zuckerberg was presented as the clear-cut hero. "[Facebook said], 'We'll help out if you write fiction; we won't help out otherwise,'" the screenwriter revealed at a recent press conference. (It looks like Sorkin opted out of that deal though, as Zuckerberg isn't behind the movie)
So, do you plan on seeing The Social Network this weekend? If so, let us know what you think!
And, of course, make sure you check out our exclusive interviews from the red carpet with all the stars below.