First, happy birthday to everyone who celebrated their birthday this November!
Today, both Andrew Lee from Honor Society & Miley Cyrus celebrate their big day. Andrew tweeted this morning: Thank you so much for the incredible birthday wishes. You guys are awesome. I feel the love and it's the best birthday gift ever.
And Miley Cyrus turns the big 1-8 today. Check out these 18 fun facts about her:
- Born on 23 November 1992, she was christened Destiny Hope Cyrus. Her childhood nickname Smiley – referencing her cheerful demeanor and ever-present grin – was later shortened to Miley, and she stuck with the moniker.
– Her parents married when she was just a month old.
– Her revenge track "7 Things" is said to have been written about ex-boyfriend Nick Jonas.
– She celebrated her 16th birthday at Disneyland in California, which was closed to allow Miley to chill out with friends, family and lucky fans.
– She sports a number of tattoos, including the word ';Love' on her ear and the phrase ';Just Breathe' on her chest. She also has her nose pierced.
– Her big break playing Miley Stewart in Hannah Montana almost never happened – Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen was also in the running for the role.
– Cyrus has gained an impressive haul of trophies – she's won 13 Teen Choice Awards and five Kids' Choice Awards.
– Her celebrity fans include John Travolta and Stephen Baldwin, who had Cyrus' initials tattooed on his arm in exchange for a cameo on "Hannah Montana."
– She was inspired to become an actress after seeing a production of Mamma Mia! in Canada in 2001, but, before she hit the big time, Cyrus had a more normal job – she helped out at the Sparkles Cleaning Service.
– The singer/actress published her autobiography, Miles to Go, at the tender age of 16.
– She rang in 2009 by performing a special gig at a high school gym.
– Aged 15, Cyrus provoked a storm of fury from parenting groups after appearing in an Annie Leibovitz spread for Vanity Fair magazine wearing just a sheet wrapped around her bare back and chest.
– Cyrus landed a cameo in the Sex and the City movie sequel, in which she wore the same dress as Kim Cattrall's character on the red carpet for a comedy scene.
– The singer loves to surprise her young fans – last year she popped in to a London school to give pupils lessons on how to be a star and earlier this month, she visited an elementary school in Derby, England to meet two big fans.
– She teamed up with fashion guru Max Azria for her line Miley Cyrus & Max Azria, which was stocked in Wal-Mart stores across the U.S.
– Cyrus devastated millions of young fans when she quit Twitter.com in 2009.
– The teenager showed off her charitable side last month by clearing out her closet and donating all her unwanted clothes to a homeless shelter in Los Angeles.
– She celebrated her 18th birthday with a celebrity party after the American Music Awards on Sunday night. Guests included Demi Moore and her daughter Rumer Willis.
(Photos: Getty Images)