So up-dos don't have to be scary. It really is just as simple as it looks in the video. There are just a few tricks that maybe we could add to make it even more perfect.
1. Use pins that are the same color as your hair. You never see a big black pin in Taylor's gorgeous blonde hair so take a note and match the pins to your hair color.
2. When you are using the root boost, I like to use it on damp hair that way I can tell how much product I am putting in the hair. On that note...
3. When you rough dry your hair if you cannot feel the product in your hair when it is dry then there is not enough. You want to feel the product in the hair just barely.
4. Again hairspray, hairspray, hairspray.
Now for the Don't's:
1. If you are one of those girls where you hair likes to fall quickly do not pull, stretch, or brush the curl. Simply flip your head upside-down and shake.
That about does it for this style. It is important to remember that this is supposed to look undone-not messy or overly done. There are some girls out there that have just that perfect texture. Yes, you know who you are. Just go with it and keep it simple, the most important thing to remember is the ponytail! It is going to be the strong base that is going to make this up-do strong and simple.
Guest Contributor, Tresemme Stylist Tyler Laswell:
Since the start of his career, Tyler Laswell has been a rising star in hairstyling. A native of Louisville, Kentucky, he was inspired to conquer the industry by a colleague who noticed his small town talents could make it in the big city. Three weeks after graduating from The School of Hair Design by L'Oreal, Tyler moved from his hometown to New York. He started with Bumble and bumble Salon, and soon began working alongside superstar stylist, Rodney Cutler.
Tyler's natural ability quickly found him flying across the country styling shoots for top magazines, like Italian Vogue, Lucky, Martha Stewart and In Style. Tyler quickly became a hit on the celebrity circuit working with stars like Meryl Streep, Gabriel Union, Kelly Osbourne, and Marcia Gay Harden and many more. Enormous talent mixed with his infectious energy has allowed him to style some of the biggest names in fashion and entertainment.
Tyler has shined on the TRESemmé stylist team, creating looks for the hit reality shows Project Runway and BRAVO's The Fashion Show. He has styled with the hair care giant for a number of shows during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, including Charlotte Ronson, Tracy Reese and William Rast.
With his finger on the pulse of the hottest styles, Tyler continues to be in demand for the biggest magazines, such as Vogue, Surface, Zink, Seventeen, Fitness, Brides and Latina.