Do you find yourself strapped for time in between work or school and social time? Is it hard to fit a long workout into your day? Have no fear! If you have just 10 minutes, you make it count.
Find out how from our health & fitness expert Joey Rubino.
Ten minutes isn't a long time, but it is long enough to quickly tone your body and do just enough exercise to jump-start your metabolism. Here is a quick ten-minute workout that can accomplish a mini fitness-goal: burn a few extra calories and strengthen your body. The best part of all is that you can do this quick workout right in your home. Use them as a compliment to your regular workout or when you can't fit in a trip to the gym.
Quick 10 Minute Cardio Blast: Burn around 150 calories
- Minutes one to two: High-intensity cardio, jump rope or run up and down stairs or jumping jacks.
- Minutes three to four: Do as many push-ups as you can. Don't just give up when it gets tough – the results happen when you work through those tough moments.
- Minutes five and six: Jump Squats. Stand with your feet slightly more than shoulder-width apart and your fingers laced behind your head. Bend at the knees to lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the floor, then jump up as high as you can. Sink directly into the next squat without pausing.
- Minutes seven and eight: Do squats by standing with your back against a wall and squatting as low as you can. Focus on form rather than speed.
- Minutes nine and ten: Zig Zag Bound Skipping. Think about lengthening your stride as much as possible. Drive one leg into the ground to push off forcefully and lift your opposite knee high in the air as you surge forward. Propel yourself upward, forward, and slightly laterally so that you bound forward.
For more great health and fitness tips, check out Joey's artist page & blog.
(Photo: J. Horton)