Earlier this week, Joey Rubino how to squeeze a fast workout into your busy schedule. Today, he's back with part two of his "Quick 10."
Check it out below. If you missed the first part, or any of Joey's past blogs, make sure to check out his artist page.
Now that you have a quick cardio workout, you can add this quick ten-minute toning and strengthening workout to your regime. Use each of these quick 10s as a compliment to your regular workout or when you can't fit in a trip to the gym.
Quick 10 Minute Toning and Strengthening
Do each of these exercises for about one minute. The goal is to move continuously for the entire series.
- Squats against a wall: Stand with your back against wall and squat down as far as you can.
- Push-Ups: Focus on form, not quantity. Knee push-ups are perfectl fine until you have the strength for military style.
- Walking Lunges with a Front Kick: Step forward with one leg and lunge until your knee is above your front foot. Stand and kick up, lower your leg and repeat with the other side.
- Bicep Curls: With elbows to sides, raise dumbbells and rotate forearms until forearms are vertical and palms face shoulders. Lower to orignial position and repeat.
- Dead Lifts: Stand with weighted object in your hands and bend forward until your back is parallel to the floor. Keep your back lifted the entire time. For an extra challenge, stand on one leg and alternate.
- Shoulder Raises: Keeping your arms straight, lift the weight to the front of your body and hold. Lower slowly and repeat.
- Tricep Dip: Support yourself on a couch or sturdy chair with both hands behind you, facing away from the chair. Bend your knees and lower yourself using only your arms. Lift and repeat.
- Wide-Leg Squat: Stand with your legs spread open past your shoulders and squat as low as you can.
- Crunch: Lie on the floor and do a set of traditional crunches, with your arms behind your head and your knees bent. Lift up your upper torso, squeeze in your abs, lower slowly and repeat.
The key with fitness is not to feel defeated and to just try your hardest. Do your best and most importantly-do not give up. With that in place, I can guarantee you some great results.
(Photo: J. Horton)