Animal rights activists are applauding the Backstreet Boys for giving up meat on tour.
Singer Nick Carter recently revealed he and his bandmates have adopted vegetarian diets in an effort to be in top shape for their summer tour with fellow boyband New Kids on The Block – and officials at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are more than impressed.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "As the Backstreet Boys make the switch to a vegetarian diet, they are sure to experience some of the many health benefits associated with it, including an increase in energy, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.
"According to the American Dietetic Association, vegetarians are less prone to heart disease, cancer, and diabetes than meat-eaters are – and they're an average of 10 to 20 pounds lighter too. And there's nothing sexier than a guy who chooses a humane diet over one that hurts animals.
"The boys join a growing number of public figures, from Carrie Underwood and Russell Brand to Bill Clinton and Natalie Portman, who have decided to think before they eat and turn away from meat."
Check out a cool behind-the-scenes video from our friends at AOL as well as the tracklisting for the NKOTBSB album.
1. ';Step By Step' – New Kids on the Block
2. ';I Want It That Way' – Backstreet Boys
3. ';You Got It (The Right Stuff)' – New Kids on the Block
4. ';Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' – Backstreet Boys
5. ';Please Don't Go Girl' – New Kids on the Block
6. ';As Long As You Love Me' – Backstreet Boys
7. ';Hangin' Tough' – NNew Kids on the Block
8. ';Larger Than Life' – Backstreet Boys
9. 'I'll Be Loving You (Forever)' – New Kids on the Block
10. ';Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)' – Backstreet Boys
11. ';All In My Head' – NKOTBSB
12. 'Don't Turn Out the Lights (D.T.O.T.L.)' – NKOTBSB
13. NKOTBSB Mash Up